Clinic Operations During The Pandemic
How we are protecting each other:
In preparation for our reopening in this new environment we have implemented the following upgrades:
- Plexi-glass at the reception counter
- All fabric chairs in the reception area and in treatment rooms have been replaced with vinyl
- Debit machine barrier films
- Pen sanitization
- New vinyl coverings for the pillows
- Table coverings
- Extra layering barrier for face cradles
- Hand sanitizer is now available in the treatment rooms
- Web-based prescreening forms
We will also be implementing public health measures as mandated by The College of Massage Therapists of Ontario:
- Every surface that comes into client contact will be disinfected and/or changed prior to and after every appointment. This includes the massage table, pillows, blankets, sheets, chairs, pens, hooks, light switches, faucets, handrails, doorknobs, etc.
- An “Infection Prevention and Control” Log will be implemented for both the common areas (reception and bathrooms) and the treatment rooms
- Your health practitioner will be wearing a surgical or procedural mask and clients will be required to bring their own mask (surgical or cloth) to wear at times throughout the appointment
- We are implementing a mandatory COVID-19 two-step screening and consent process (virtual and on-site) prior to each appointment
- Both practitioners and clients are to respect physical distancing measures (2m) when at all possible
- All practitioners have completed the necessary additional training from their respective Colleges through the World Health Organization and/or Public Health Ontario for infectious control measures.
New instructions for clients:
“COVID INFORMED CONSENT AND PRESCREEN FORM” is mandatory before EACH appointment and must be completed no more than 12 hours ahead. If submitted too early we will have to ask you to do it again. Your treating practitioner will then prescreen you a second time verbally upon entering the clinic and immediately prior to your appointment.
Please note, this form is kept on file as mandated by regulatory bodies for 10 years. We take the questions on the form seriously, so please if you are feeling unwell, have a pending COVID test, have been exposed, or possibly exposed to someone with COVID, you must declare it for the protection of everyone.
If there are concerns with your informed consent and prescreening form, your appointment will be rescheduled and someone from the office will contact you.
Masks are mandatory to bring to your appointments, currently, we ask you to wait in your car and your practitioner will wave you in, and once in the clinic please remove footwear and sanitize hands. Although there are extra barriers and strategies in place …..your treatment and services will still feel the same.
Please respect physical distancing measures (2m) when at all possible.
Please understand that time is imperative in between appointments to follow full sanitization guidelines as you efficiently leave your appointment.
If you are in the vulnerable category, i.e. elderly, diabetic, asthmatic, immune suppression, have kidney/liver or cardiovascular conditions, or generally fearful of catching Covid-19, at this time we ask you to postpone your appointment or contact us with your concerns.